Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bandipur Times: excitement in the hill top

Bandipur is a attractive touristic destination located fifteen kilometers southwest of Prithvi highway in the mid hills of Tanahun district. Because of its preserved old time cultural atmosphere, it has increasingly been coming to the attention of all.

The idea about Bandipur times rose quick a sudden when my pal Mr. Pratik Khanal who was working as Coordinator for district AIDS Coordination came to visit Tanahun. Then it was my responsibility to take him to some attractive places in Tanahun. I took him to have Café Latte-quite a famous among the youths in Tanahun, then we rode to Chhabdi Baharai-a famous religious place in Mahabharat range. Even after doing all these we were not satisfied -Dil mange more “we thought for Bandipur times.

It was 6:30 in the morning the day after “Still sleeping? I am already prepared” a strange but familiar voice came to wisher my ear. He was Pratik. I was so tired of the travel all the day before that I was in trance at that time. Then i dressed up quickly and went to check the whether I had fuel in bike to take him to Bandipur. “Why you are not wearing a muffler? It would be Dam* cold in the morning” I made a strong voice after I saw his naked neck. We rode on the bike at constant speed of forty kilometers per hour in Prithwi Highway.The morning cold was getting over me as I was neither wearing the gloves nor the mask. Perhaps, Chhabi Barahi saved me from the cold where we went the day before.

The fantastic part of this expedition was not only the bizarre ride that I made with my HeroHanda Splender-it was also exploration of my passion in photography which you can observe in the photographs that i Clicked.

I was happy talking with a foreigner in Café.  He was praising the vary place where we were visiting. He was visiting Nepal over the last thirty years. I felt proud because we had the gems in our country that attract the tourists like him over here. Bandipur was magnificent and peaceful, and the people were welcoming. We were observing old cultural houses in Bandipur-they were artistic and beautiful. We went to the Tundikhel- wide open ground in the hill top like it's twin brother of in Kathmandu- where we sat and had quickly two kilos of Orange Jhyam. We had then come to an end of our trip and were getting ourselves prepared for the return.

The first Saturday of 2013 made me really happy. The words in this Bandipur times may not be enough to explain this excitement.

                                            Some beautiful snaps from the trip.

Glimpse of the city 
With Pratik
Into the panorama 

View from the Hill top 
Glimpse of the city 
Glimpse of the city
Glimpse of city
Rode on the bike
Namaste ! see you again 

3 comments: